Oh what a Sunday in the park it turned out to be. We found perfect weather, superb cars and a gathering of nearly 1000 exhibitors and so much more for all those who gathered at Lime Rock Park on Sunday September 2nd. This is our 3rd year of helping Murray, Skip and the entire Lime Rock organization put on a very special Concours and marque focused exhibition. It was without a doubt the best year yet.
This event’s unique focus is the blend of the best of the road with the best of the track. Road truly meets track at Sunday in the Park with a unique content not to be found at any other major Concours. Where else can you find Grand Prix racing machinery from Alfa or Lotus and others dating from the thirties to the 70s next to the road cars that spawned the racers..or is it the other way around? Truly a delight for all who savor the art of the machine and the fun it all provides.
Add to this a great weekend of racing with The Vintage Fall Festival’s entry of superb racing machinery driven in anger as they were meant to be and the appeal blossoms. One look at the crowds on the hill told the tale; vehicular entertainment abounds There is also one of the best specialized vintage flea markets to be found anywhere, honored guests Susie & Sir Stirling Moss, nicely blending into our exceptional field of exhibit entrants. Huge thanks to all and most especially Mr. Moss, who had it all in hand, knew far more about each car than most of us could ever tell and took it all in stylish stride. Well done and huge thanks to Lime Rock’s enthusiastic staff for making this event something special to savor.
Once the judging was done we were pleased to see a number of cars we’d had our hands in garnering awards. A partial list follows with congratulations to all.
- Henry Miller; 1957 Mercedes Benz 300 SL Coupe, 1st, Class 17, “Rapid Transit” & Peoples Choice!
- Peter Kalikow, 1972 Momo Mirage, 1st, Class 19, “Speed with Style”
- Michael Schwartz: 1968 Maserati Mistral Spyder, 1st in class *, “Fun ‘n’ Fancy
- Bill Jacobs: 1955 Mercedes Benz 300SL Coupe, “From the Ground Up”
- Drake Darrin: C Type Jaguar, Best Vintage Jaguar presented by Jaguar Cars of North America
- Donald Jacoby,: 1973 Triumph Stag, 1st in class 17, “Environmental Elegance”
- George Gereg, 1938 Pontiac “woodie” wagon, 1st in class 4,” Wheels for All”
- David Rosenberg: 1999 Nissan Skyline Coupe, 2nd in class 22, “Latest Editions”