1958 Jaguar XK150S
Jaguar managed to produce a true motoring icon with the XK series, with its final iteration belonging to the XK150 nameplate. While the formula changes minimally from theXK120 to the XK150, owners and enthusiast will notice a series of significant improvements with each new model. The XK150 retained the same basic chassis, 3.4-liter engine, and four-speed Moss transmission but was adorned with new, wider bodywork that provided roominess and comfort not previously found in the XK lineup. Visibility and usability were also improved with the addition of a single-piece windscreen and traditional roll-up glass side windows. Most importantly, the XK150 did away with drum brakes and replaced them with Dunlop disc brakes on all four corners. To further entice motorists, Jaguar offered the XK150 in three trim levels: base, Special Equipment, and “S” with 190, 210, and 250 horsepower respectively. The “S” managed this significant bump in power through the use of a Weslake-developed straight-port cylinder head, high-compression pistons, triple SU carburetors, and twin electric fuel pumps.
This 1958 Jaguar XK150S represents the pinnacle of the XK150 lineup. 1958 was the first year the XK150 was offered in roadster form and the “S” specification motor remains the most powerful street motor that Jaguar produced for the XK150 or its predecessors. This example is finished in a beautiful shade of silver-blue that is complemented by a navy interior. This car was recently treaded to an extensive refresh which included repainting, re-plating the chrome, replacing the interior and convertible top, installing a new wiring harness, and refurbishing the brakes.
Please inquire for pricing on this vehicle.